The 2019 North Vancouver City Chess Championships welcomes all students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. Players will play 5 rounds of chess with other students in the same grade section to vie for the title of the 2019 North Vancouver City Chess Champion!
Check out who’s playing: (Pre-registered list coming)
Date: Sunday, June 9, 2018
Venue: Sutherland Secondary, 1860 Sutherland Ave, North Vancouver, BC
Early Bird Entry Fee: $35 (until May 23, 2019).
Reg. entry fee: $40 after May 23, 2019.
Online registration will close on June 8 at 5pm.
There is no onsite registration.
Fill out Player Registration Form
Check-in: 9am to 9:30am
– You must first check in by 9:30am to be paired for Round 1. After 9:30am, come to check in as soon as possible to be paired for the next available round.
Round Times: 10am, 11am, lunch break, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm
– Award ceremony will commence immediately after Round 5 has concluded and the final standings calculated.
Time Control: 25 mins + 5 sec incr.
Bye Requests: 1/2 point byes are allowed if requested before the start of Round 2. Email your bye requests to: email@example.com
Sections (may be combined based on # registered):
– Kindergarten-Gr 1.
– Grade 2-3.
– Grade 4-5.
– Grade 6-7.
– Grade 8-12.
Rating: This is a CMA (Chess ‘N Math) rated tournament.
Prizes for Each Section:
– Championship Trophy and title of 2019 North Vancouver City Champion!
– 2nd and 3rd place Trophies.
– Class prizes (will be determined based the ratings of the players registered).
– Top unrated player Medals.
Note: Tiebreaks will be used as applicable (see FAQ for more info on tiebreaks).
Chief Arbiter: National Master Joshua Doknjas
Deputy Arbiter: FIDE Master John Doknjas, NCM William Bremner, NCM Neil Doknjas
Chief Organizers: Wendy Matsubuchi and Victoria Jung-Doknjas
Sponsors: Interested in being a sponsor? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a tie, the following tiebreaks will be used for trophies/awards:
- Cumulative Score.
- Cumulative Score of Opponents.
- Flip of Coin.
Parents (or a designated adult) are expected to stay to help address the safety and well being of their children. This also helps to avoid any behavior issues and contributes to the smooth running of the tournament as a whole.
Got Questions or Need to Request a Bye?
- Email: email@example.com