Here are some of the tournament rules.
1. Teams will register their 4 Team Players along with their Team Board # position, i.e., Board 1, Board 2, Board 3, and Board 4, which will be based on Players’ current ratings in the CFC, US Chess, FIDE, CMA, or NWSR systems, whichever rating is the highest.
– Players will remain on that Board # position for their Team for the entire tournament.
2. Players will receive 1 point for a win, 0.5 point for a draw, and 0 point for a loss.
– The 4 Team Players’ individual game scores will be added together for the resulting Team score.
– Teams that score 2.5 points or more will win the Team Match.
– Teams that score 1.5 points or less will lose the Team Match.
– If both Teams score 2.0 points, the Team Match will be declared a draw.
3. A Player who withdraws from the tournament will have all his/her remaining games forfeited.
4. Each Player will play 4 rounds with a time control of 90 mins and 30 sec increment.
5. At the beginning of each round, an arbiter will ask Black to start White’s clock. You will then proceed to shake hands with your opponent and Black will start the clock to begin the game.
6. If Players are not at their board at the designated start time, their clock will be started and after 1 hour will lose by forfeit.
Round 1: Saturday, 12pm
Round 2: Saturday, 6pm
Round 3: Sunday, 10am
Round 4: Sunday, 3pm
7. Each Player must notate all his/her moves from move 1 until the end of the game.
– Players must first make their move before notating their move.
8. Touch Move/Touch Capture.
– If you touch a piece and can legally move it, you have to move it.
– Same applies for touch capture.
9. If there is an issue, pause the clock and call the Tournament Director over.
10. If your opponent makes an illegal move, call the Tournament Director over.
– 2 illegal moves as witnessed by an arbiter equals a game forfeit.
11. Make your move with one hand and with the same hand hit your clock.
12. If your cell phone goes off during the game, you will receive a warning and then be forfeited if a second infraction happens. Please take a moment now to turn off your phones. This includes other electronic devices that make noises or can have a chess software — all must be powered off.
13. Players cannot leave their board when it is their turn.
14. At the end of the game, whether by checkmate, clock going to 0 time, agreement to draw, or resignation; shake hands with your opponent.
15. It is the responsibility of both players to ensure that the result of their game is correctly recorded on the pairing sheet. Failure to do so may result as zero for both players.
16. Unsportsmanlike conduct or disrespect towards other Players, Arbiters, or Organizers will not be tolerated. Players will refrain at all times from abusive and unwarranted behavior. Such poor behavior may result in penalties including game forfeit and expulsion from the tournament.
If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Looking forward to see you and your Team at the tournament!