All players, both adults and juniors, are invited to this new and exciting Western Canada Team Chess Championship, which will endeavor to engage players in friendly, yet competitive, 4-Player Team Matches.
Teams will be comprised of:
1. 4 Team Members whose average team rating does not exceed 2000, or 1800, or 1500 (3 sections).
2. 4 Team Members who reside in the same city; or attend the same school/university.
$200 per Team before _______; after that $250 regular price applies.
CFC Membership: Valid CFC Membership or CFC Tournament Membership required. Players must have a current CFC Membership; or purchase a CFC Tournament Membership (Adult $16, Junior $8), which would cover this one tournament.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!
Check-in: 11:15am to 11:45am
– Teams must first check in to be paired for Round 1.
Round 1: Saturday, 12pm
Round 2: Saturday, 6pm
Round 3: Sunday, 10am
Round 4: Sunday, 3pm
– Award ceremony will commence immediately after Round 4 has concluded and the final standings calculated.
Time Control: 90 mins + 30 sec. increment
Bye Requests: TBA
Sections based on average rating of the 4 players in Team:
Note that sections may need to be combined based on the actual number of teams that register.
Rating: This is a CFC (Chess Federation of Canada) rated tournament and CMA (Chess ‘N Math).
Prizes for Each Section:
– Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals for the 4 Team Players for the Top 3 Teams.
Note: Tiebreaks will be used as applicable (see FAQ for more info on tiebreaks).
Tournament Rules: See Rules.
Equipment: Players: Please bring your chess clocks.
– Sets and boards will be provide; but, players must bring their own chess clocks*.
* For each round, Team will be designated as the “Home” or “Away” Team. The designated “Home” Team is responsible for supplying clocks for that round.
Chief Arbiter: TBA
Chief Organizer: Victoria Jung-Doknjas
Special Thank You to:
In the event of a tie, the following tiebreaks will be used for awards:
- Flip of coin.
- Email: email@example.com