This fun and exciting 4-player team event will have teams from all parts of BC and WA commence battle against other teams for 4 rounds. There will be 3 sections, University/Open, High School, and Elementary School, with options to “play up” to the University/Open section.
Date: Saturday, February 18, 2017
Location: Trinity Western University, 7600 Glover Rd, Langley, BC
4 Rounds: Round 1 – 9:30am, Lunch – 11:30am, Round 2 – 12:30pm, Round 3 – 1:30pm , Round 4 – 3:30pm, Awards – 6pm or asap
Time Control: 45 mins + 5 sec delay
Team Entry Fee: $50 early bird before Feb 1, 2017; $60 regular fee after Feb 1, 2017
Sections: University/Open Section (Open), High School (Gr 8-12), Elementary (K-Gr 7)
* Sections may be combined if there are less than 6 teams registered in one section
Prizes: Team trophies to section* champions and medals for 2nd and 3rd place teams; and Top “Rogue” Team Prize**
* Sections will be combined if there are less than 6 teams registered in one section
**To promote inclusiveness, those players who are not able to form a school team can enter as a random 4-5 players team to play in the University/Open Section; but, will only be eligible for the Top “Rogue” Team prize.
- A team consists of 4-5 players from the same school, where 4 players will play for their team during a team match. There will be 4 rounds.
- Elementary school teams consist of players enrolled in the same elementary school from Gr K-7.
- High school teams consist of players enrolled in the same school from Gr 8-12.
- University/Open Section teams consist of players enrolled in the same university as students, faculty, or staff; and where elementary and high school teams are permitted play up in the University/Open Section.
- To promote inclusiveness, those players who are not able to form a school team can enter as a random 4-5 players team to play in the University/Open Section; but, will only be eligible for the Top “Rogue” Team prize.
- Players’ board order will be arranged based on their individual ratings – the higher of CFC, CMA, USCF, NWSRS, FIDE, etc. The highest rated player will be on Board 1 and the lowest rated will be on Board 4.
- In the event of a tie score, the following tie-breaks will be used: Highest total team’s game score, highest number of games won, random – flip of coin.