A full write-up of the 2014 BC Senior Championship and some of the key games have been annotated and published in the Canadian Chess Federation Newsletter – June 2014 Edition starting on page 100. The article can be found here:
Congratulations to our 2014 BC Senior Co-Champions, Jose Kagaoan and Joe Soliven!!! On computer tiebreak Jose won the 1st place trophy and Joe won the 2nd place trophy; and both split the prize money.
Jose Kagaoan and Joe Soliven both scored 4.5 pts/5 games (the draw coming from their 5th round game together).
Paul Leblanc won 1st place U1800 and $80. Robert L. Barron won 1st place U1600.
Brian Sullivan won the Most Sportsmanlike Player Trophy and Edward Enns won the Most Amiable Opponent Trophy.
Neil Doknjas won the Outstanding Competitor Trophy. Neil was the undefeated “House” Player.
Co-Organizers, Victoria Jung-Doknjas and Paul Leblanc, and Chief Arbiter, Joe Roback, received a group photo signed by all the BC Senior players.
At the beginning of Round 4, all participants found at their board a gift from the Organizers — a BC Senior group picture + a BC pin.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Sponsorship is often what makes a good event a GREAT event. The 2014 BC Senior Championship Organizers are very grateful for our Sponsors:
If you will be 50 yrs old or better in 2014 and reside in British Columbia, you are invited to compete at the 2014 BC Senior Chess Championship.
Dates: June 20 – 22, 2014
Venue: Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey Hotel, 8255 166th St, Surrey, BC
– Room Rate: $95 King or Double Queen beds, $105 junior suite plus applicable taxes. – Free parking and internet for hotel guests.
– Ph#: 1-888-742-8889 or 1-604-576-8888 to reserve
– Website: www.comfortinnsurrey.com
Mention the BC Senior Chess Championship to get the special group hotel rate.
Tournament room is the Tynehead meeting room, which is located in the main hotel building.
Opening ceremonies + Group Photo before Round 1 @ 5:45pm
Friday, June 20, 2014: Round 1 @ 6pm
Saturday, June 21, 2014: Round 2 @ 10am, Round 3 @ 4pm
Sunday, June 22, 2014: Round 4 @ 9am, Round 5 @ 2pm
Time Control: 90mins + 30 sec increment
Forfeit: 1 hour grace — forfeit after 1 hour from the start time.
Byes Requests: Need to be made before Round 1.
◾1st Place Overall: Championship Trophy + $120
◾2nd Place Overall: Trophy + $80
◾1st U1800: Trophy + $80
◾1st U1600: Trophy
Entry Fee: $50
Organizing Committee: Victoria Jung-Doknjas, Paul Leblanc
Chief Arbiter: Joe Roback Assistant TD: Victoria Jung-Doknjas
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Sponsorship is often what makes a good event a GREAT event.
The 2014 BC Senior Championship Organizers are very grateful for our Sponsors:
Pre-registered List – Updated as of June 18, 2014
- Any player who resides in BC and who is 50 years old or better in any part of 2014 is qualified to play in the 2014 BC Senior Chess Championship.
- Yes, mail your cheque for $40 (early bird entry fee), with post mark before June 1, 2014 to: Paul Leblanc, 1012 Spiritwood Place, Victoria, BC V8Y 1C6
- You can pay $50 online or if you really, really have to, you can pay $50 onsite.
- Parking is FREE!
- 1st tiebreak for non cash prizes is individual cumulative score.
- 2nd tiebreak is cumulative score of opponents.
- Email Paul: firstname.lastname@example.org