A full write-up of the 2013 BC Senior Championship and some of the key games have been annotated and published in the Canadian Chess Federation Newsletter – February 2013 Edition. The article can be found here:
Congratulations to our 2013 BC Senior Chess Champion, Eugenio Alonso Campos!
Darko Dimitrijevic won 2nd Place.
Philip Harris won 1st place – U1800.
Manuel Omana Escandor won 2nd place – U1800.
Welcome to the BC Senior Chess Championship website.
If you will be 60 yrs old or better in 2013 and reside in British Columbia, you have a chance to be part of history.
Announcing the first ever BC Senior Chess Championship!
BC Seniors are invited to compete at the BC Senior Chess Championship in January 11 – 13, 2013, being held at Simon Fraser University (SFU).
The 2013 BC Senior Champion will be invited and encouraged(!) to compete in the Canadian Seniors Chess Championship being held in Kitchener, ON in August 2013. This of course leads to the 2013 World Seniors Chess Championship.
Organizing Committee: Victoria Jung-Doknjas and Paul Leblanc
TD: Joe Roback
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Sponsorship is often what makes a good event a GREAT event. The 2013 BC Senior Championship Organizers are very grateful for our Sponsors:
BC Chess Federation: http://www.chess.bc.ca/
Charlie’s Chocolate Factory: http://www.charlieschocolatefactory.com/
Kitchener Chess Festival: http://www.chessfest.ca/about.html
|#||Name||ID||Rtng||Rd 1||Rd 2||Rd 3||Rd 4||Rd 5||Tot||Prize|
|1||Eugenio Alonso Campos||102330||1862||H—||W14||W3||W2||W4||4.5||1st Place|
|2||Darko Dimitrijevic||104350||2019||W13||W5||W9||L1||W7||4.0||2nd Place|
|5||Philip Harris||112311||1760||W4||L2||W11||D8||D9||3.0||1st – U1800 after tie break|
|6||Manuel Omana Escandor||137035||1641||D3||H—||L8||W11||W12||3.0||2nd – U1800 after tiebreak|
|8||Severo [juni] Caluza||104730||1847||L10||W13||W6||D5||L3||2.5|
Photo Gallery – BC Senior Chess Championship 2013
One of the main goals for this tournament is to determine the 2013 BC Senior Chess Champion and to encourage our BC Senior Champion to compete at the Canadian Seniors Chess Championship. We are currently finalizing details of the prizes; but, will likely include for the 2013 BC Senior Chess Champion:
1. A prestigious place in history as the first ever BC Senior Chess Champion.
2. The right to be the official BC representative at the Canadian Seniors Chess Championship in Kitchener, ON in August 2013.
3. One step closer to being the official Canadian representative at the World Seniors Chess Championship: http://www.fide.com/component/content/article/1-fide-news/6180-23-fide-world-seniors-championship.html
- 1st Place: Trophy + Entry Fee to Canadian Seniors Championship + Free Homestay in Kitchener, ON (to be confirmed).
- 2nd Place: Trophy
- 1st U1800: Trophy.
- 2nd Place: Trophy
Door prizes every round. Additional prizes based on number of entrees
- Any player who resides in BC and who is 60 years old or better in any part of 2013 is qualified to play in the 2013 BC Senior Chess Championship.
- Mail your cheque for $40 (early bird entry fee), with post mark before December 31, 2012 to: Paul Leblanc, 1012 Spiritwood Place, Victoria, BC V8Y 1C6
- Even though Organizers prefer players to register before the early bird deadline of December 31, 2012, if you really, really have to, you can pay $50 onsite.
- Unfortunately, there’s no free parking but the lot under convo mall is right beside the venue.
- There is a discounted visitor lot, called Lot 1, in the southeast corner of campus which has a daily rate of $3.25 if you arrive prior to 9:00AM – apparently this lot fills quickly.
- Visitor Parking: http://www.sfu.ca/parking/visitors.html
- Rates: http://www.sfu.ca/parking/rates-refunds.html
- Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays – Hourly rate of $3.25/hour to a daily maximum of $6.50 (Max of $13.00 on Friday). Flat rate after 7:00PM of $3.25.
- 1st tiebreak for non cash prizes is individual cumulative score. 2nd tiebreak is cumulative score of opponents.